So, going down the main drag in town, I notice that the Blockbuster is selling out all it's gear... signs all over proclaim that ONLY THIS LOCATION is going out of business.
didn't think much about it, till I was on the other side of town, and sure enough it was decked out the same.
Then, visiting the parental units, I notice that the ones in my home town and due south of there are doing the same.
So, apparently Blockbuster is going under, i'd say this is a pity, but I've not rented from there in over a decade. While their online deal could be promising (I've heard they have better variety and they offer to let you exchange a mail in title for a local store movie immediately) but from the news, looks like Board of director bickering and choices are what sank the mighty ship SS Blockbuster.
Of course while the board members are quick to point at the arguments with each other, not a one thinks about all the poor average joes who are working in these stores being closed (or worked in the ones already closed) who are basically waiting for the day they are told "ok, everything's sold, your fired."
Thank you executive management, proudly soaking up profits and sinking jobs across Corporate America
No comments:
Post a Comment